Thursday, October 9, 2008

I've been tagged

Dustin wants me to say that I was on base so you can't tag me.

Okay, so I am going to answer everything twice. One for when we first met as teenagers and one for when we met again as adults.

1. Where did you first meet your husband?

Culhane's Gymnastics...He came to pick me up at my house.

2. What was the first thing you said to your husband?

Ummm. Probably, "Hey". I mean what else do two 15 year olds say to each other....Ummm. Probably, "Hey". I mean what else do two people say to each other who haven't seen each other in 4ish years.

3. Where was your first date?

Wellll, the first date was illegal (Dustin was only 15), we told our parents that we had to work at a gymnastics meet and then we met at the gym and went to see Ace Ventura and ate at Fudrucker's, with a group of gym friends. The first date that Koren knew about was when I asked Dustin to go to a school dance, Lady's Night. He graciously accepted much to his mothers dismay.
The second first date was prearranged before he even got home from his mission. He picked me up and we went to Astroworld for some roller coaster fun.

4. Where was your first kiss?

I would have to say probably in my car while parked in his drive way. The second first kiss, we went to Klein High School one night after a date and walked around the outside and talked then we sat down by the ag building and talked for a while and then somehow we kissed.

5. Did you have a long or short engagement/courtship?

We started "going out" in the 10th grade (1994). We broke up in the 12th grade. We started dating again when we were 21 (October 1999). We got officially engaged in Feb. of 2000 and married in May of 2000. So, you be the judge of long or short.

6. Where did you get engaged?

In December of 1999 we went to visit his Uncle Jack and picked out a ring, but did not buy it then. I think it was probably a little overwhelming for my mother-in-law to be. I went back home to Houston and Dustin stayed up at BYU. I came up to visit him around Valentines day. When he picked me up from the airport I was so happy to see him all I wanted to do was talk to him, and all he wanted me to do was get in the center console and "pick out a cd for us to listen to". Finally I reluctantly opened the console and saw the ring box. I got the box out and he said, "So do you want to?" Obviously I said yes. So, I guess to answer the question is that we got engaged in the old blue Honda my father-in-law now drives while driving down I-15.

7. Where did you get married?

Bountiful, Utah temple May 27, 2000

8. How did the reception go?

We had two. One in Utah right after the wedding that was very small, and was pretty easy. The second was about a month later in Houston and was a little larger and little more stressful, but all in all not too bad.

9. How was the Honeymoon?

For a honeymoon we took a road trip and moved Dustin back to Houston permanently. We took about a week and drove from Utah to Texas and tried to earn as many pennies as we could along the way. (wink wink) The goal was to earn 100 pennies on that road trip, but we didn't make it and are still working on it.

5 comments:

The Boehme Family said...

And have you been subtracting from the pennies since then? How's the count?

Is this the first my mom is finding out about your illegal first date?

Dustin and Paulette said...

The count is totally messed up now and we just use the penny container for our change. And I think this is the first for your mom to know about the illegal date. I hope she can forgive us 15 years later.

Koren said...

That's nothing compared to Erin's jaunt to Galveston in MY CAR. I suspected it all along, but she only recently confessed. After all, there were only 300 miles put on the speedometer that night "joy driving the back roads of Spring." And Paulette--the date is no surprise--I'm pretty sure he told me about it before or after. He was pretty easy to read. So--do you guys all think I'm a total idiot?

Dustin and Paulette said...

So, Emily what did you do when you were a kid and keep from your mom. It's ok you can now admit it because you are a grown up and she can't ground anymore.

The Boehme Family said...

Um, excuse me, but I don't think we were ever talking about ME.