Thursday, November 20, 2008

Third Wheel

I took the day off work today so Paulette could go to a dentist appointment. I never thought staying home from work would feel so awkward. I woke up this morning to Paulette's alarm clock rather than mine, then Dylan and Hayden bounded downstairs and into the bedroom and immediately began getting dressed by themselves. Paulette is in the shower and Dylan proceeds to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for him and Hayden all the while I am still in bed. I felt like I was better off staying there because I felt out of place in my own house since everyone has a routine and they do it really well. I finally get up in time to be ready to see Dylan off to school which I haven't done before and have been trying to find something to do before Paulette leaves. Hayden is still here of course but he is occupied because Teddy (of Elijah and Teddy) is over while his mom goes to her doctor appointment. This is about as productive as I have been so far today with the exception of a few emails that I shot off for work while still laying in bed.
After Paulette leaves I will attempt to work on my Statistics class but that is about as exciting as things may get today.

1 comment:

The Boehme Family said...

Do you have a picture of you doing that with all of your kids? Did mom send you the email about "What do you do all day?" You just need to hop in bed with a novel - although Paulette has the kids so well trained, the house would still be in order when she got home.