Friday, September 19, 2008

Sensitive side

Yesterday Dylan showed me his sensitive side. The movie Air Bud was on The Disney Channel and for all of you who haven't seen the movie here is a short recap of what happens. A boy finds a dog and the dog's mean owner comes and takes him back. The boy goes and steals the dog back. He then forces the dog to be free so that the bad man can't come and take him back. Well, when that happened Dylan got up off the couch and drooped his head and started for the stairs. I said, "Dylan what's wrong?" He responded by running up to his bed and covering himself with a blanket. When I got up to him he was bawling his eyes out. I asked him if he wanted to come and watch the rest of the movie he said, "NO!! I don't like that movie!" I reassured him that the dog would probably come back and find the boy, but he wasn't hearing it. So, I gave him big reassuring hug and went down stairs to wait for the dog to come back to the boy. In the meantime, Dylan was sobbing loudly and very emotionally. I called him to come down when it was a happier part of the movie, and he did so reluctantly. Fortunately it was a happy ending and the boy got to keep the dog. It was all I could do not to giggle at him, but it was sooo sweet. Who knew my big boy was such a softy.

No comments: