Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What's up

So, what have we been up to since the last blog? Well, Dylan has now been in school for 2 1/2 weeks, but I have a good story about the first day he took the bus to school. We waited outside for the bus and when it came Dylan hugged us all and happily got on the bus. The bus went down the street and all was not well. Hayden ran after the bus, chased it down the street and around the corner for quite a ways so I had to chase him down. When I finally got him to stop he just collapsed on the curb, cried his eyes out and refused to come back home. I had to carry him the whole way back. The neighbors who were outside got quite a kick out of it. Hayden proceeded to cry at home for another 30 minutes, all in all it was a pretty sad moment for me. Hayden has since learned to deal with the fact that Dylan is going to school, but he is so very excited to him when the bus comes in the afternoon.




I am sure that everyone who came to visit in August is wondering how "the hole" is coming? Well, Dustin is very proud of himself (I've never heard him brag so much). It is done, with NO outside intervention other than the neighbor routing the corners of the bottom board. The boys love it and everyone who comes over thinks it is the coolest thing ever.
It is now affectionately known as "the clubhouse".



So, what's going on nowadays in our lives... We are just praying that we get bypassed by all of the hurricanes that keep coming into the gulf. Which it looks like we will have another near miss this weekend. WHEW! Dylan is loving school and starting to become a little obsessed with gymnastics, Hayden is making great strides in the potty training area (3 days no accidents), and Kolton is growing bigger and smiling tons. Dustin is just trying to recover from all of the manual labor he did in the club house and I have just begun the obsessive process of planning the boys' birthday party and Halloween costumes. I know it is like a month away, but you know that it just has to be perfect.

1 comment:

Koren said...

I'm so proud of the great job you did on the clubhouse. With all the hard work done while we were there, it's nice to know it paid off.

I have no problem picturing the scene Hayden made following that bus. Give him a big hug for me.

Good luck on Ike. Last we heard he was headed your way.